Thursday, April 24, 2008

In search of a new digital camera.........

I didn't realize until my brother-in-law pointed it out to me but......I need a new camera. I know David was joking with me when he asked if my camera was from the 70's. It did make me more aware of the lack of functions though. It takes forever to take multiple pictures. Basically, as you all know, most of my pictures are of dogs. Dogs move fast...I lose so many shots to a slow camera and I never thought about it before David said something. So, thank you David, seriously, I am looking forward to a new photo taker.
With that said, I've been doing a little research online and have two that I'm interested in. I would love to get some feedback.
Here are the two: Canon powershot sd750 and the canon powershot sd1000. They seem pretty similar but I need input....or if there is another one between $150-$250 that might be better for continuous shots.

2 comments:

sarah said...

i have an elph (do does david and yer mom). mine may be the elder of all three (i think it's a 450, as opposed to the 1000 you're considering).

if i remember correctly, your current cam was a good one--have you looked at the features to find the option for fast shutter speeds? it may look like several squares, at least that's what it looks like on mine. my cam is pretty slow too, and the battery life has slowed quite a bit, but when i found the multiple-square feature, it changed my ability to take a bunch of kitty kat pics in a short period of time.

i don't know the diff between the two elphs you're considering, but i bet they're both good. sometimes the older one is a better bet because it's cheaper without being a bad cam. good luck!

jewlee said...

I looked on ebay this am just to see what you can get a powershot a60 for, thats what I have. Turns out I can buy 2 for $.99 + $9.99 shipping or I can get the camera and photo printer for $50. No one has bid on either of these yet. My camera is just slow and like yours Beark, it swallows up batteries with a quickness. I think I like the sd750. It sounds like a good one for me. Then, I can keep my trusty a60 in the car for random dog pics when I don't have the other one. Thank you for your advice Beark.