Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Day Off

Wow...what a busy three weeks. I am so glad that the craziness of the 100 mile races is over. Today Sam and I are cleaning all the bad out of our house. I have been scrubbing the grout of all the tiles with a toothbrush and getting the muck off of the walls while Sam is industrial steam cleaning all of the carpet. The place is looking and smelling great, which makes both of us feel more confident about selling it. We have been looking at quite a few houses and are learning a lot about the process. We put an offer in on the first house we looked at, possibly a bit immature and impatient on my part...but I'm glad we did it...we have since terminated our contract due to a sketchy inspection and have seen the complete extremes of houses since. The market in Leadville is a funny one. Today we are looking at a CUTE little Nebraskan grandmas house on two city lots that is located a block from the main drag. It has original hardwood throughout. It is smaller than we have been looking at, but we are realizing we don't need much house space if it has the spaces we need and a HUGE yard.... This house is also quite a bit less expensive then the others. We have gotten some REALLY good ideas for yards and fencing too...so with the money saved on house space we can do exactly what we want in our yard. We are very excited for the whole process and thrilled to buy a home that we really want. I'll take pictures of the one we look at today with my new camera I got for my birthday.....thank you again mom and dad!!!

No comments: