Friday, September 5, 2008

My sisters blog......

I was down and out on the computer world for about a week, about a week ago......I am back on now and I have some tome this morning to wander.....so I checked out one of my fave blogs. Sarah, my sister, wrote about childhood memories. My memories do indeed match hers. Using chunky peanut butter when we were out of tape to hang my cool posters in our room is a top one. Sarah also had a tape recorder which we used almost daily for a while. We would record ourselves, our cat purring and our dad snoring...which would always make us giggle and our laughter would drown out the snores and eventually wake our dad. He never thought it was as funny as we did. We also had a radio flyer wagon that Sarah would talk me into taking down the big dead end hill that we lived on. I would also take "the nerd mobile", my small big wheel type trike, down the same hill. I would get so scared that I would bail half way down every time. I still have the same reaction to speed and fear....probably why I have never been able to ski or snowboard.
Pistachio pudding facials I remember very vividly...do you remember how mad mom was at us?? She had a client over to look at wedding rings and Sarah and I were in trouble for being bad at dinner.....punishment was to sit at the dining room table and finish dinner, which included the pudding. Sarah told me to do it so I did. Our mom came in to introduce this woman to us and there we sat, laughing, with pistachio pudding dripping from our faces. There are so many more too...making perfume in our fort...climbing our trees and getting yelled at from my elder siblings for climbing THEIR trees....mine was the smallest and you couldn't really even climb it. They were our space ships.

1 comment:

jini said...

you little rats. i remember that the recordings included you two along with kelly singing and doing craziness at the same time.
i wish i could remember the witness to the green pudding facials. not funny at the time, but hilarious now.
i think i'm very glad that i do not remember you going down the hill on that banana trike. good grief jewlee it is a miracle you are alive to write this stuff!
i'm really glad you are. love you