Friday, September 5, 2008

Paint, paint, paint

We are going to start painting the interior of our new place on monday!! Jenna, the current owner, is a great lady and feels that the house is ours and we can do whatever we want with it. We brought all of the dogs over yesterday for the first time......they loved it. We hung out there for about 5 hours. We had our first guests stop over too...Steph, of course, was there and our new neighbors a block away that are good friends of mine. They have a 12 yr old and a 1 yr old...Turkey let Jade, the 12 yr old hold her and then chose to sit on her lap.....amazing!!! Akai barely even freaked out when they came over. We are so excited.
Tonight Steph and I are going down to Telluride and Ouray for a running race she is in. We are bringing Zucca and camping out tonight and hotspringing it tomorrow. It should be a lot of fun. We are going to stop at a friends house that just had sled dog puppies.......so steph may be coming home with a new baby!
I got offered a great job in town yesterday. Our local coffee shop proprietors offered me the job of general manager......seems to be my place to be these days......We are getting together on monday to discuss the details. I am pretty excited about it though. It is a block away from our house, it would be a day job, they are talking about benefits, paid vacations and bonuses! I just really feel like both Sam and myself are living the lives that we want....FINALLY!!!
Sam moved out here to work in the ski and food industry...and now he is running the food and beverage department at Ski Cooper. I moved out here to............well, I always wanted to live in a small mountain town...and I've been figuring out the rest along the way.

No comments: