Monday, September 24, 2007

What a Beautibul Day

Hey there....It is so lovely out. Sam and I are going to take the dogs for a long walk. Just got back.................BEAUTIFUL!!!!!
So last week Carol and Lyle, Bobos' old owners came for their last visit. It went well. I stood my ground when they asked for another visit blah blah....I told them they could call every once and a while but that that was their last visit. She asked if they could drive by, I said that I couldn't stop her.
Anywho............I got a call a few days ago from the head of animal adoptions in Glenwood Springs. Sue helped all of us when I was getting Bobo. She called my vet, the local shelter and other numbers I gave her to make sure that I was a good dogggie person. So, she called me the other day because Carol was worried about the well being of Bobo. Carol told Sue that Bobo had a HUGE chunk of flesh gone from his back(he got a scrape on his back before he lost weight from the dog door) and that I was not taking good care of him. Sue called my vet, He of course said that Bobo was in great shape and had lost 11 lbs. since I had him and had been in a few times and he was unaware of a large chunk of flesh off his back. I spoke with Sue for a while and told her how rude Carol had been and that she had in fact chosen TWICE to get rid of her 15 yr old unadoptable poodle and keep her 3 yr old healthy cat. No sympathy here. HOLY CRAP!! Carol is an idiot. Today I am blocking her number on my phone and she will never again get an update on MY dog Bobo.

3 comments:

jini said...

bobo is very lucky to have chosen you as his new mommeeee, jewlee. you are the best caregiver to needy hounds.
gold stars to you!

skabob said...

Speaking of being the best caregiver... did you know that the national Humane Society has emergency response teams? You could go "pro", either as a volunteer or a coordinator (with a little schooling).

sarah said...

proud of you, i am, du, and sorry you had to go through all of that, but it sure was worth it, huh?