Saturday, June 2, 2007

Lil Gum staggers on

I feel kind of strange starting my story here, but I just got my computer hooked up...........Yest. I went to the vet to get my poor old miserably wonderful crusty old chihuahua "put down". First, let me say that I love my vet. I have been taking my creatures to him for 12+ years. He has just one fault, as far as I can see, and that is that he would rather extend an animals life with medicine rather then letting them go. I know what I believe, but for some reason every time I bring an animal in to him to end their lives I allow him to talk me out of it. (Note to self: work on having a stronger mental foundation).......
O.K. so I still have my Lil Gum. She is still miserable and unable to walk well and is now on some terrible chemical crap to extend her painful little life and I am in limbo over the whole thing. This is not why I rescue animals.

1 comment:

sarah said...

oh gosh. i'm so sorry, du. there's no easy answer or perfect solution, and all you can do is follow what seems right at the time. hang on du. your mental constitution is stronger than you think.
xo