Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Everything Happens The Way It's Supposed To.....

I have always been a firm believer in that saying. It has shaped me into who I am by helping me deal with situations in a positive light. I feel like the universe gives you presents in your life when you follow your right life path. It is simple to do, follow what feels right for you. I find dimes everyday when I make good decisions for my life. No eye rolling please, it is true and it feels good to me. I had a friend that used to put dimes out around me whenever he was trying to convince me to do something....it was cute.
Today I talked to an x. Zach Neater. His family actually grew up with mom. His dads first love was Aunt Marilyn...pretty funny. Anyways, I called him to thank him. The last time Zach and I spoke he pushed me into dealing with Joppa. It was so good. Of course I was pissed at Zach at the time for pointing out my OBVIOUS dating flaws. Two days later I called Joppa flew out to Cali and fell back into this routine that I had been in for years with this man. Except that I felt like I had outgrown him. I felt embarrassed by him at dinner with sarah and david. That made me sad. I had never looked at the situation like that before. I had been embarrassed by him many times before and always got mad at him. This time I got mad at myself. How unfair that I had been holding both of us back from happiness by holding onto this person who deserves someone who can laugh with him...because he is funny. Two weeks later Joppa flew out to visit me and it was horrible. He was here less then 24 hours. I stood up for myself with him and in doing so freed us both. I think he was just as happy as I was that it was finally over, even if never admits it. We both walked away too easily to think anything different. Wow. Well I wasn't planning on going in that direction with writing today but I guess it's because I haven't been writing in my journal lately. It was a really good talk with Zach though, he thanked me for teaching him about organics and recycling and I thanked him for allowing me to let go of my vision of what joppa was...even if he was never that.

1 comment:

jini said...

well my goodness gracious.