Thursday, November 15, 2007

Bobo

Thank you for your advise on the Bobo/Carol debacle mom. I emailed the woman from the shelter this a.m. Kind of funny actually, I had decided yesterday to go that route and when I checked my email she had sent me a message about two elderly small dogs that need a home in Glenwood. So I sent her a msg back and we'll see what her response is. I have made an appointment to have Bobo "put-down" on frday afternoon. I actually feel pretty ok about it. Its a strange thing, he is SO a "B" teamer. I have never really gotten close to him like I have with some of the others. I think a lot of that has to do with his old owners. He is a sweet boy though.
One thing about the communication with Carol and lyle ......I told them, when I first got Bobo that I would let them know when he dies. A lot has happened since then but I did say that. What to do, what to do. I'll wait to hear from Sue before I do anything. Wha do you think?

1 comment:

jini said...

i'm glad you made an appointment jewlee. it really sounds like it's time. you treated the infection initially when bobo came to you, and it sounds like it is just a chronic thing that won't ever go away. he has so many health problems.
i think that a nice way to let carol know would be to send a card saying that bobo became very ill and died. maybe i am just avoiding things to say he died rather than he was put down....your judgment on that is better than mine. you could say he fit in well with your other pets and you are glad he was in your life. if you want, maybe make a small donation in his name to the shelter in glenwood. when mikey died, his vet did that, and we got a card from the shelter letting us know of the memorial in his name. that felt very nice at the time.
i would avoid a conversation with carol....just as you have been doing. as i said before jewlee, you KNOW when it's time to do this so go ahead as scheduled, and know that you have given bobo the best of hospice care. love you