Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Getting Steph Back....

Having Steph back at the shelter is awesome. Her first official day back she let me bring this little muffin head home to play with Akai. They had a blast, it was the first time Akai actually looked mature. My bosses now have him at their house on a trial run. It feels great to be able to help people find pets again.










On a different note...Bobo is not doing so hot. I am calling the animal shelter in summit today to get the cost of euthanizing him. The poor old man. He has two infections, one on his face and one in his tooth, with his cushings(sp) disease and diabetes he is unable to heal properly. He has had these infections for years and nothing was ever done for them. I have spent the last few days contemplating the situation and I think its best to say goodbye. I could use some advise again from my peeps on how to handle the olsd owners. I know they will blame me and I'm fine with that....but, do I call them before I do it and tell them or wait until they call me again. Hmmmm? Please let me know.
And yet another note......Sam and I are so excited to be going to my sisters wedding!!!! We didn't think it would work out, but it did. YEA!!!!!! Ruby Gup and Ottis will be making the journey with us. They have already started bonding. Spent yesterday curled up on the sofa together. pretty cute. We are going to leave wed afternoon and spend turkey day in san fran. Most likely spend the night there and then drive down to santa cruz on friday. I am so excited.

1 comment:

jini said...

well jewlee....i trust that you know when it's time to help bobo on his journey. i think talking to the people with whom you've communicated previously at the shelter would be the way to approach the situation. they may have some suggestions or perhaps just volunteer to do the notification. (hopefully the latter) i think i would talk to the shelter, say i was going to put him down and ask them to be the messenger, but after the fact. talking to the former owners has never been pleasant, and i really doubt if that would change now.
sending hugs to you and to bobo too. he's been a good addition to the b team. love you